Thomas "Hunter" IV

Haley Alexa

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Not Another Cold!!!

So looks like Haley's sick again. Feels like she just got over her last cold just before Chuck's visit. She's kept her worried parents up for 3 nights now..including my prediction for tonight. She goes to bed with Tylenol or Motrin, then wakes up around 1am on fire with fever again, vomiting or dry heeving, sleeping like a rag doll when we pick her up. We end up trying to get more Tyl/Mot down her and sleeping next to her for fear of her gagging and choking. Today, well Wednesday, I was sleeping after working Tuesday night. I went to bed at 8am hoping to sleep until around 1 or 1:30pm..and return back to work Wednesday night. Thomas's Mom had to leave our house (watching Haley)around 11:45am and has been excellent in a new little routine of putting Haley down for a nap at 11:30am so I can sleep until she wakes up. Well, today Haley was so tired and feeling bad she was hard to keep up till 11:30 so Linda had to put her down around 10:45am. 5 hours later I wake up frieked out that something must be wrong because Haley's never napped that long. She's fine, but very sick still. Guess you're supposed to sleep to get better right? So while going to get Hunter from school and on the way home Haley vomits all over herself and car seat. Windows all down, hurrying home, trying to talk Hunter out of vomiting because he's grossed out by the smell and sight....we made it home...with an hour left for me to bathe Haley, rid my car of vomit, make dinner, and get out the door for work. So needless to say...I'm not at work tonight and Haley's already awakened moaning and gagging, more fever, more vomit, more ragdoll, more water, Motrin and now sleeping by me in the guest bed. I slept all day so I can't sleep now. I'm supposed to be going on a weekend scrapbook retreat with the girls Friday and of course I don't want to leave my baby girl sick. I'm hoping she'll be through the worst of it by then. Other than that, Hunter is loving his new bed....big, big, bigboy bed. He's actually happy to go to bed each night and not waking us in the middle of the night now for about 3 nights (guess he's passed that onto sister). He's got a new little saying that comes out of his mouth about 10times a day. Everything is "Good as new!" That's what Handy Manny says which he watches a little too much of. Look at my bed Mom...it's good as new! Poor Haley girl...you'll get better...you'll be good as new! Mom I fixed your tires, they're good as new! It's pretty cute. Thomas and I have to laugh each time. Well, I'm going to lay down with Haley and try to get tired before she wakes up again. Hopefully better news soon! OOps...for anyone that didn't already know..if I didn't mention it..Chuck and Pam are having a BOY! More testosterone in this family..just what we need! No really...couldn't be more happy for them and can't wait to meet the new little mustard man in March!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sorry Haley is so sick! That doesn't sound like much fun at all. I haven't experienced "vomit-car" yet but I'm afraid I would have to buy a new car after that!! I hope she gets better soon ... and doesn't pass it on to the rest of the house!!